Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Welcome

This is the new home to any Pitt basketball and football thoughts I have, as well as any info or scoops I come across.  Like I've said before, I am busy in other writing projects, and those are not sites dedicated to Pitt sports.  I was simply going to stop doing this but I got so many emails asking me to continue that I couldn't say no.  

The reason I stopped my previous blog was because readers came to expect info every day, and the truth is, there isn't enough Pitt info for me to post every day.  Sometimes, especially in the offseason, it may be weeks between good stories.  So when I had random thoughts on Pitt, I posted them on Pitt's Big East blog that was run by the good people at the NBE Basketball Report.  But now with Pitt leaving the Big East, that blog now makes no sense for me.  

So that's what brings me here at this time.  If there is not enough interest, I will close the blog down, but as long as there are a lot of people here, I will keep it going.  When I had my previous blog, Panther Rants, I averaged over 4,000 hits a day on average, and that both amazed me and showed me that there is a place for something like this.  

As for the look of the blog, I don't have time to make the blog all fancy so what you see is what you get.  Also, there may be times when I may go days or even weeks without posting something, but that's only when I don't have anything good to add.  I'm not going to post just to do it.  Unfortunately, that means dedicated readers may check often when there is no new content.  If anybody can think of a way that solves that problem, I'm all ears.  

Anyway, the rules are simple.  Don't take personal shots at me or other readers.  Keep the vulgarity to a minimum so that more people can participate.  And if you don't like me or what I write, just remember that nobody is forcing you to be here.  If you do want to be here, then I hope you participate and share your thoughts on different issues.  

14 comments:

  1. Awesome...In regards to helping your readers know when new content is on the site you should consider Facebook (I know - a dirty word) but every time you post something anyone who likes your page will be notified. Just a thought. I'll be checking in for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doke,

    We are all very happy to have you back. We are also SO HAPPY with the HUGE Pitt win over a pretty tough USF team last night. It was great to see the great play, but also great to see the Pitt player's obvious enthusiasm and quite loud (but small @ 40,000) crowd excited by the team and the national audience. IT WAS A HUGE WIN FOR THE PROGRAM. Please give this blog some time, it will take awhile until people find your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your writing and will be glad to keep tabs on you here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this site. I'll gladly wait weeks for a single post from you.

    However, I can understand that people might lose interest between your sometimes rare posts. Maybe one way to fill those 'empty' weeks would be to take other articles you have on other sites and cross-post them to here. Even if they aren't related to Pitt, I know I'd enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chris. so, is the old site no longer in action?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what their plans are there, to be honest.

    As for cross posting, when I get the other site up and running I will have links for it on here for sure. It's just taking a long time because it has a ton of content. And I'm trying to teach myself HTML at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another idea on the cross-posting (same Anonymous Coward here). I'm not sure how long it would take, but maybe once a week do a 'link dump'. The same day every week publish say five or six links you think are interesting. They may or may not be related to Pitt or even College Sports. Just an idea that I have seen on other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome to be able to have a place where we can read your insight on Pitt basketball and football. While readers may get impatient between your posts they are always worth the wait. The move to the ACC is a once in many years event for a writer to cover and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts as developments occur.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have RSS here or am I missing it ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about an RSS feed so people won't have to check daily ? That'd be one way ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED YOUR INSIGHT ON PITT SPORTS GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK POSTING

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't stop with your insights, Chris! How about the O lineman they got last week?.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bisnowaty is an excellent addition. He could be a very, very good lineman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doke- any chance of getting a hoops preview anytime soon? Interested to hear your outlook on the season.

    ReplyDelete