1. Paul Chryst has been a disaster at game coaching this season and he proved it more than ever in this one. He does get credit, however, for having his players mentally ready to go and not be intimidated, and his staff deserves credit for improving every unit on the team. But the actual decisions that Chryst has to make during the game are a huge weakness.
2. Ray Graham was spectacular and for the most part the offensive line played well despite the fact that Notre Dame has an excellent defense.
3. The defense was not great, but they were okay. They were clearly tired at the end when the offense gave them no help at all.
4. Lafayette Pitts is already a star and K'Waun Williams is also good.
5. Todd Thomas makes a big difference on defense with his mobility and Joe Trebitz was solid.
6. Neither Mike Shanahan, who had at least three drops, and Devin Street, played particularly well.
7. Robert Foster tweeted Pitt as "we" during the second half of the game, for what that's worth. Shai McKenzie also expressed disappointment in the loss.
Bottom line, the Pitt staff and players get credit for coming to play, but when they depended on the brain trust to help them out, they got nothing.
Edit: We have some crybabies trying to post and apparently they aren't mature enough to handle Pitt losing so for the time being at least I will have to monitor the comments so that the mature people won't have to put up with them.