Two games, two really impressive performances. Some thoughts:
1. John Johnson is transferring and to be honest I don't see his departure hurting now or in the future. In fact, Duran Johnson replaced him in the rotation and looked good with 8 points.
2. Steven Adams again looked good but unfortunately it was in front of a lot of NBA scouts. This time he came up with 13 points on 5 for 5 shooting and 3 for 4 from the line, 5 rebounds (all offensive), 2 steals, and a block. Through his first two games, he is averaging 10.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.5 bpg, and 1.5 spg. And to be honest, I don't even think he is in animal mode yet.
3. James Robinson is so good with the ball in his hand that it's kinda ridiculous. How good? How about just one turnover in two games? He had no turnovers in this game with 6 points again, with 3 assists, and 2 rebounds.
4. Adams and Robinson are a combined 15-18 (83.3%) from the field this season.
5. Trey Woodall had 12 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals while Lamar Patterson added 5 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists.
6. In the opener Talib Zanna led the way with 20 points, and tonight had 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, a steal, and a block. But it was his sometimes backup J.J. Moore who led the way offensively with 20 points and 3-5 from three.
7. The Panthers only had 6 turnovers and 3 of those were made by Dante Taylor. But Taylor also led the way with 9 points.
8. The Panthers leading scorer this season is Moore who is averaging 14.5 ppg. Second is the player who starts in front of him, Talib Zanna, who is averaging 14.0 ppg.
9. Pitt's starters had 44 points. Their bench had 42 points.