1. The good news is that Pitt has made a bowl game, which is obviously good for many reasons. It will be the Pinstripe Bowl, the Beef O'Brady Bowl, or the BBVA Compass Bowl (for the third year in the the row). If I had to guess, I think it will be the Beef O'Brady Bowl.
2. Tough to gauge the Panthers in this game because South Florida was so atrocious, but it obviously sets a good tone for the bowl game, and for next season if the Panthers can pull off a win in that bowl game.
3. The Panthers defense held the Bulls to 115 yards including 6 rushing yards on 20 carries. The Panthers also had 3 interceptions and forced a fumble.
4. Ray Graham ran for 93 yards on 26 carries, a 3.6 avg., and 2 touchdowns. Rushel Shell chipped in with 9 carries for 46 yards, a 5.1 avg.
5. Tino Sunseri had his normal mostly good, but sometimes infuriating game, and ended up completing 19 of 25 passes for 211 yards, and a touchdown. Once again he had no interceptions.
6. Mike Shanahan had his third 100-yard game of the season as he led all Panthers with 9 catches and 116 yards.
7. Devin Street added 6 catches for 72 yards, and J.P. Holtz added 18 yards on 3 catches, along with a 2-yard touchdown catch.
8. Ronald Jones had a very nice 38-yard punt return. Hopefully there will be more of that in the future. He got the call because Cam Saddler was suspended for the game because of an undisclosed disciplinary incident.
9. Matt Yoklic has a great game punting with a 44.6 avg. and two kicks inside the 5-yard line.