I have to admit that I was getting worried in the first half when the Panthers were down by double digits, and 8 at the half. But the second half was a different story thanks to Tray Woodall, James Robinson, J.J. Moore, Lamar Patterson, and Talib Zanna.
1. Zanna was the player of the game and he's turning himself into a possible all-conference player. For the game, he led the Panthers with 16 points, thanks to a great 10-11 from the line. He also aded 5 rebounds and 2 blocks.
2. Woodall's threes were essential in getting Pitt back into the game and he ended up with 14 points on 4 of 5 three point shooters, and 2 steals.
3. Robinson did most of his scoring at the end of the game and ended up with 11 points and 6 assists. He uncharacteristically had 3 turnovers and 4 fouls, however.
4. Moore ended up with 7 points and 5 rebounds, and was an 5-6 from the line.
5. Patterson continues to play better and contributed his usual good all around game of 12 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists.
6. Cameron Wright and Durand Johnson came off the bench to score 6 points each with Wright also adding 4 rebounds.
7. The Panthers shot horribly in the first half but ended up shooting 48% from the field, 47.1% from three, and 78.3% from the line.
8. On the down side, Steven Adams once again looked lost. He ended up with 2 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 turnovers.