1. So much for the fans who aid that at least Paul Chryst can beat the teams he's supposed to beat.
2. Pretty terrible coaching all the way around. Chryst seemed to have little idea what he was doing, down to keeping two of his timeouts. The offensive and defensive play calling were just as horrid.
3. Tom Savage was mediocre again and now the coaches don't even have him throwing deep down the field, the only thing he can really do effectively. Savage completed 20 of 27 passes for 203 yards, and two touchdowns. He also didn't throw an interception. But, like I said, he was mostly mediocre, and didn't make plays when he had to. In other words, he was Tino Sunseri.
4. Devin Street caught 9 passes for 96 yards and a touchdown. Tyler Boyd caught just three passes, and two of them came late. The three catches amounted to only 35 yards with one of them going for a touchdown.
5. Pitt started off running the ball down Navy's throat but that changed quickly. For the game the Panthers ran for 135 yards. Navy was going up nearly 200 yards a game rushing coming into the game. Isaac Bennett led with 77 yards on 22 carries. James Conner added 28 yards on 7 carries, but he also fumbled in Navy territory.
6. Matt Yoklic continues to do a bad job of punting and his shank late in the game was a killer.
7. Aaron Donald was all over the field but there's only so much one guy can do. The rest of the defense started well, but the Midshipmen then slowly and methodically drove the ball down Pitt's throat in the second half.
8. Pitt is now 4-3 and will be an underdog next week at Georgia Tech. As of now, they may be looking at another 6-6 regular season record, at best, and to reiterate what I've said all season, I still see no progress yet in Chryst's regime.