So much for the test. Stanford is a possible NCAA tournament team but Pitt clearly were not impressed. Instead, they are looking more and more like a future top 20 team- at least.
1. Lamar Patterson is playing with the aggressiveness that he's never shown before and had 24 points one night after having 23 points. Both were career highs at the time. If that wasn't enough Patterson also led the Panthers with 6 assists. He also had 3 rebounds, 2 steals, and a block. He made 3-6 threes and 9-11 from the FT line.
2. Talib Zanna and Durand Johnson added 14 points each. Zanna was 5-10 from the field and 4-4 from the FT line. He also had 4 rebounds. Johnson was 2-5 from three and was also 4-4 from the FT line.
3. Cameron Wright had another good all around game and it looks like it's not a fluke. He ended up with 13 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals.
4. James Robinson was only 1-6 and he even missed easy back to back runners, but he ended up making 7-8 FTs. Other than the shooting form the field he had a nice game with 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and just one turnover.
5. Mike Young had a quiet 6 points and 4 rebounds, but his FT shooting continues to be excellent as he made 4-5.
6. Jamel Artis had a quick 5 points and 3 rebounds, but played little after that.
7. The Panthers continue to shoot great making 8-17 from three and 30-34 from the FT line.
8. The Panthers had 9 steals, just 5 turnovers, and out rebounded the Cardinal, a big and good rebounding team, 33-26.
9. Maybe the only downside of the win is that Stanford shot 52.2% from the field, but instead of ratcheting up the defense like in past years, this time the Panthers simply put their opponent to death with offense. And Stanford still only scored 67 points.
Next up is Duquense on Saturday. No reason to think this team won't keep winning this season. They are deep and good.