Another impressive road win for Pitt. The Panthers looked a little sluggish at times, especially Lamar Patterson, but a road win against a Georgia Tech team that played very hard is a great thing to see. Some thoughts:
1. With Patterson struggling, Talib Zanna and James Robinson picked up the slack and played great. Zanna had 22 points, including 8-10 from the field, and 9 rebounds. He's also putting to rest any talk that he disappears when the games get tougher as he's now averaging 16.5 ppg and 9.8 rpg in the ACC.
2. Robinson showed some offense with 16 points on 5-7 shooting from the field, and 5-6 from the line. He also added 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and just one turnover. That's how you step up.
3. Patterson struggled a lot at times and finished with 12 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 steals. But he shot just 4-13 from the field and an incredible 7 turnovers.
4. Cameron Wright started slowly but came up with 14 points and 4 assists.
5. Michael Young continues to look lost a lot of the times, and he only scored 6 points, but he had 7 rebounds, mostly of the manly variety.
6. The Panthers shot an impressive 56.9% from the floor and out rebounded Georgia Tech 37-19.
7. The Pitt bench did not add much with 11 points and 4 rebounds.