Another day, another loss. Unlike like last week when Pitt just didn't show up, this time at least the offense did show up. The bad news is, the defense, the kicking game, and the coaching did not. Some thoughts:
1. James Conner is a manchild. I don't know how many times I can say it. He's now on pace for about 1,800 yards this season and he's doing it without a passing game. Today he ran for an incredible 38 times for 263 yards, a 6.9 avg., and 3 touchdowns. He's an absolute superstar.
2. Speaking of superstars, in the last two seasons Paul Chryst has had three of them in Conner, Tyler Boyd, and Aaron Donald. His record with them is 11-11.
3. Speaking of Boyd he had 7 catches for 140 yards.
4. Chad Voytik is still improving but he's not yet at the stage where he can win a game all by himself. His running is still very good, but his passing is still just okay at best. On the day he was 16-24 for 236 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 TDs. He also ran 14 times for 58 yards, and ran for another TD.
5. Pitt had an incredible 594 yards and still somehow managed to lose the game.
6. Chris Blewitt, well...you know the rest. He's been great all year. It's too bad that he chose this time to realize that he plays for Pitt.
7. I can't point out any defensive standouts because there weren't any. Duke had 438 total yards.
8. Chryst again made some curious (bad) decisions. The hash mark on the potential game winning FG was an obvious one, but in the 2nd OT Conner didn't touch the ball, which was also not smart.