This was not a good performance by the Panthers, who were favored by 30, but to be honest, they weren't blatantly awful. In fact, it seems like they won by 25 then 7, but that wasn't the case. Mostly because of Samford's Tyler Hood making six three pointers.
1. Mike Young continues to be aggressive offensively and the result is 20 points on 10-13 from the field. He also had 5 rebounds. For the season he is averaging 13.5 ppg and 6.0 rpg.
2. Jamel Artis, Durand Johnson's replacement at small forward, again had a good game with 12 points and 5 rebounds. On the season he had 13.0 ppg and 4.5 rpg.
3. James Robinson did not shoot well going 2-6 from the field, but he was 4-4 from the line and had 8 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 blocks, and a steal.
4. Cheick Diallo was visiting with teammate Damon Wilson and it's obvious that somebody like him is needed. Joseph Uchebo and Derrick Randall combined for 4 points, 3 rebounds, and a block.
5. Sheldon Jeter was impressive off the bench with 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks. he was also 3-3 from the field, including a massive dunk.
6. Pitt shot 51.1% from the floor compared to Samford's 32.2%. Pitt also made two more FTs. The problem was that Samford out rebounded the Panthers 33-31 and 8 three pointers to Pitt's 3.