1. The best thing in this game is that the four Panthers in double figures are players that will get more minutes with the absence of Johnson. It's always nice to have a veteran scorer, but the truth is, Pitt has so much depth that his loss may not be a huge deal. That's if there aren't more injuries, suspensions, etc.
2. Johnson's replacement in the starting lineup, Jamel Artis, led the Panthers with 14 points. He also had 4 rebounds, 4 assists, and made 2 of 4 three pointers.
3. The biggest surprise (though maybe it shouldn't be) is freshman Cam Johnson, who had 11 points in his first game, including 4-5 from the field.
4. Josh Newark came off the bench to get 12 points and 5 assists. James Robinson had 8 points and 7 assists. Chris Jones, starting in place of injured Cameron Wright, had 10 points. Combined, the guard trio had 30 points and 13 assists.
5. Mike Young was not needed but had an efficient 7 points and 7 rebounds.
6. Joseph Uchebo started at center and 1 point, 8 rebounds, and 2 assists. Backup Derrick Randall added 4 points and 5 rebounds.
7. Sheldon Jeter pitched in 7 points in reserve.
8. The Panthers shot very well going 52.6% from the field, while making 7-18 from three, and 11-14 from the line. Five different players made a three pointer, with Artis and Jones both having two.
9. The Panthers out rebounded Niagara 28-16, and held them to 25% from the floor. In fact, Niagara only had 12 field goals in the game.